Monday, September 21, 2009

So this last weekend was almost entirely devoted to Jewels! I finally got around to redesigning the Jeanine Payer case @ ABC and it looks beautiful. I covered the bottom of the vintage case with a natural silk lined from The Silk Trading Co. It took me about 2 hours to cover all of the different pieces with the linen {making sure to neatly fold over all corners}. The funny thing is that it took only about 15 minutes to install the linen risers and merchandise the case. The way I work is that I already know how it's going to go before I start, so the actual installation is a breeze.
On Sunday MK and I attended the D&A show and specifically focused on the Jewelery collection for GCT. I am sure all of you know that jewelry is a strong category and attention must be paid to the selection and point of view for the offering. We put a great new group of designers together with a strong focus of gemstones, this will compliment the existing collection of silver and gold but not compete with it.
Most of the new collections will be in the shop by the first week of October.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, YOU ARE A GENIUS WITH YOUR HANDS AND HEART! As we say to Emilia when she 'creates' "Bravo" with hands clapping!!!! I look forward to seeing and experiencing Cursive's transformations the first week of November. Hugs.
    Question? Is jewelry winning out over products?

    ReplyDelete