Friday, September 4, 2009

So here is something cute {noodle} before I talk about something and little ugly.

In reading my daily blogs I came across something that has been on my mind for a while. You see, there is a certain couple who have an on line shop, they and the shop are blogesphire darlings at the moment, but to me they represent a dastardly trend {when you own a shop (of any kind) you CAN NOT shop other peoples shops, especially brick and mortar, to curate your own}.This happened with the above mentioned couple. They came into the shop, made small talk but didn't introduce themselves and preceded to shop the shop, ie: turn over and look for brands, ask about certain items provenance and generally pick our brains under the guise of being potential customers. Now I have no problem with sharing information on lines with other owners/ buyers and in fact I do all the time, but when I enter another shop I always try and identify myself {as an owner of Cursive} to the owner or manager~ seeing another owner or buyer come into the shop and SHOP the shop is nothing but irritating and disrespectful.
Oh and please do not try and take sneaky pictures, we are not stupid and can see your little camera or phone being aimed at the stack of handmade journals we sourced in Belgium!
Now maybe they (and maybe you) didn't know the decorum of being an owner/ buyer but now it's out there and so no more excuses!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are exposing the shadow side of business(s). Tapping into the 'abundance for all' attutude turns the Earth so MUCH BETTER AND IT'S THE TRUTH!!! Your truthfulness about this brings some healing and light. Remember to express your gratitude every morning about the phenomenal sales at Cursive. Gratitude counteracts GREEDY EYES AND HEARTS. Hugs, many!

    ReplyDelete