Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To reorder or not to reorder...

that is the question. So you sold 6 grapefruit diffusers in a week, do you reorder them? and if so how many? 6, 12? I know it's a great problem to have but this is occupying my time at the moment.
This is harder one. So you sold almost all of the hand blown glass vases you brought in from a great glass blower in Oregon, do you reorder them in the same colors? change the palette? and what about that expensive piece that sold the first day, what about getting more of those? was it a lucky sale? or is that going to be the way it goes?
There are so many questions so I am open to hearing any suggestions you might have.

4 comments:

  1. MMMMMM! Michael, you are an intuitive artist, trust your gut and your soul.....Also, consider the spirit of your buyers...who are they? What helps bring Beauty into their lives? Take a walk in Nature and let the Breeze whisper in your ear....That's about it.........Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Michael. I'll post again on Tuesday. Will be in Wyoming till then. Keep ordering, keep selling. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you guys- the photos look fab and I can't wait to see it in person!

    So in terms or to buy or not to buy: here is my buying credo- "Three strikes your out." When I have something great, I reorder exactly as it was first time round. Then I do it again for a total of 3 times. After that I change it up, remix or eliminate it.

    There are always exceptions but it seems that 3 is the lucky number before an item just stops selling. I do have staples that I continue with year after year (hmmm, some Motel Deluxe cards for example!) but, I find this is a really good guide.

    Have fun and I hope they keep flocking in!!!
    Joan
    On Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am home! Looking forward to more photos and update. Hugs

    ReplyDelete