Saturday, March 20, 2010

Up front and....

personal. Having the front location inside of ABC is a privilege and something I take great pride in. The one drawback is that our shop is in front of the Broadway windows and in order for the visual team to install and un-install them we have to open the wall the constitutes the entire back of the shop. Usually that means I have to be there at 8 ish to remove all breakable items from the shelves and supervise the removal of the wall pieces. The one cool thing is the visual (above) of being able to see onto the street from inside the shop. Sometimes when I look out the hole in the wall and onto Broadway I can't believe we have a shop (2) in NYC! It's a long way from Idaho.

2 comments:

  1. M. You have the best text to go along with your visuals!!! Fun. Boy, am I looking forward to my birthday NYC trip in April to see Doug, Mike and Noodle, the Cursive stores and Motel Deluxe (hoping to work there some!). Really keen on walking the Brooklyn Bridge and going to the Rubin Museum where I saw Jung's Red Book last November. Happily teaching a course on Jung this Summer here at JFKU in Pleasant Hill, CA As always, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful window on the world indeed! thebees

    ReplyDelete