Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Into the GAP

So last night on my way home from ABC something happened that hadn't happened in a long time. As I was walking down lower 5th I was overcome with a retail urge, in the window of the GAP I saw this shirt, a perfect shirt, could it be in a GAP? I hadn't been into a GAP in about 10 years but from what I saw I could of bought 4 or 5 shirts, a few pair of jeans and maybe a jacket or two.
Could it be that the GAP is back? I had read all about Patrick Robinson's make over of the line but the ads and the still hideous store designs hadn't lured me back in but the clothes certainly deserve a second look. A perfectly faded, crinkled and fitted chambray shirt for 49 bucks, just what the doctor ordered! I'll be wearing my new shirt in the evenings as i sit and contemplate the world in Guatemala later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I had a very very similar experience just a little over a week ago. I had to pinch myself the first 15 minutes I was in the store- yes, you really are in a GAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M, You do have the know how and the EYE to spot what sings to you! Oh, the stories your new GAP shirt will tell from it's experiences in Guatemala. The Maya spirits will welcome you! As always, Hugs.

    ReplyDelete