Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Disappointing reading...


So today since it's a blizzard outside and the shop is slow { see above picture of GCT at morning rush hour, it's NEVER this empty!} I decided to catch up on some blog reading.. and I wish I hadn't! You see I came across something that made me sad, not tears sad but sad non the less. I find it funny how people don't understand that it's all a collaborative effort and respecting everyone who has helped you to get you were you are today is a big part of the picture. Some people haven't the manners or self awareness to see the big picture and are only into self... it just makes me sad!!!
So I thought I'd acknowledge those who have helped me to get to were I am professionally today.
First: Pier One Imports for giving me a job during the worst recession that California had ever seen. I learned what I didn't want to do with my life!
Then: Lisa Graves for letting me intern to become a jeweler and then handing me the reins to her table top empire. It changed my life in more ways than one.
To: Douglas Duncan for believing in my talents and letting me run free.
To: 280 Design for letting me launch them and expand my horizons.
To: Frederic and Alan who pushed me to explore the world and led to, Jean Rouget, A.Purr.A, L' Atlier Des Tuilleries, Marie Papier and all the great years of collaboration and wonderful lunches.
To: Sesame Letterpress, together we changed the color pallet of greeting cards for the better.
To: ABC for believing in my retail talents even though they didn't exist in the real world.
And finally to the future creative and fearless people who will cross my path... here's to you!

1 comment:

  1. I have re-read your latest blog a few times. I liked your acknowledgements of those who have opened doors for you. What a journey, heh?
    What a pic from GCT this stormy am!!! Sending you prosperous thoughts and lots of Hugs! You are the Best, M.

    ReplyDelete