Friday, April 2, 2010

Like a prayer....

I am not the most religious person on this planet but I do love a good church. The one above is from a small lake side hamlet in Guatemala. That's Douglas and my dear friend Blake peering inside the open wooden doors. It may not look like much but it was by far the largest structure in the village and you could tell it is well used and loved. Faith, Hope, Devotion, all things it takes to make it in this world.
Keeping the faith.... no matter what that happens to be!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you.......for a peek into guatemala and the tradition of the old church in the village. We do need touchstones of the sacred land and the buildings to remember why we are on our Dear Earth. For me, the land and the sky come together in the way we live reverently here while listening for messages in the sky of clouds, sun and rain. Waxing poetic! I remain ever blessed. Hugs

    ReplyDelete