Friday, October 2, 2009

The road to...
I / we have been self employed for almost 15 years, now this is a double edged sword and I am by no means recommending to tackle this for yourself. Having spent the last umpteen years trying to avoid being stuck into the mold of the corporate world , so why now am I being suffocated under the weight of corporate American bull? I've been struggling to keep my head above water while the totally inefficient structure that rules my existence has been doing it's best to pull me under. I can't understand how anyone can flourish under a ridiculous amount of do nothing, cover your own back, lie, cheat and steel environment that pervades corporate America. No one takes responsibility in this culture and NO one has any sort of bedside manner or sense of customer service. What I don't get is that my whole work experience is trying to make everyone happy and do the right thing {now this isn't always possible mind you} but it's non existent in corporate culture... first dodge, then pass it off and when that doesn't work become a complete ***hole and harass until they back down. Sweet world isn't it! Well, I am OVER IT and am about to push back.
So the road? It's going my way!!!



2 comments:

  1. Amen and cheers from California. I'm a capitalist through and through- love creating stuff, love making money,love spending money and I don't need the government to tell me how. Now that the corporate world has gotten in bed with government we need to resist! (Do you suppose 'they' will come for me because I said that?
    I wonder what is yet unseen around the curve in the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I am reading this as I am yawning and getting ready for bed. I am awake now.....I like this side of you, Michael.
    I get it, 'you are not going to take it anymore'. What's your first move???
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete